life sitting on a donut

Thursday, July 20, 2006

your life is just a choice

Pretence can take so many forms:
- pretending that you are happily married (for the sake of the children, status, social pressure, etc),
- pretending to be living a happy life,
- pretending to be very intelligent in order to impress,
- pretending to be tougher than you are,
- pretending to be straight when you are gay,
- pretending to be successful when the walls are crumbling,
- pretending to be sexually active when you are not,
- pretending to be without pain when you do hurt,
- pretending not to be lonely.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how we are so concerned with what everyone thinks of us versus who we really are?
People think I am a very open person when they meet me and we chat. Yes, I am amiable, but I don't let a lot of people know me.
Isn't it also interesting how the anonimity of the blog allows us to express what we really feel and who we are...good bad and ugly.
There ought to be a place somewhere in the middle, where we can feel good enough about who we are to share it with anyone.
Thank you for the words to Unwritten. It's very true. Our lives are unwritten until we choose to write them. I hope I am a good writer.
Hope today is a wee bit easier for you. Thank you for the kind thoughts this week. Know that they are reciprocated.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Diana Joy said...

Hey Girl!!!!!!!
Can you pass this along??? There is a fellow blogger in need. Please show her the love?? Here is a portion of my post today: It is three a.m. and I can't sleep. When ever that happens I know God is either asking me to deal with something or a friend is hurting....Well in this case my friend is hurting. It is http://4its-worth.blogspot.com/. Today, I would like you to read a portion of her post and run right over to her blog and finish reading it. Life is sooo hard at times and I believe blogging is a way of helping people in time of need. My friend needs all of you!!! Please show her who bloggers really are and be there for her and her hubby right now!!!

Got to go to work now!! But, I am going to do some serious blog traveling after work!!!
See ya then:D
Thanks sooooo much!!!
Diana Joy

4:04 AM

 
Blogger xxZOE said...

You are so right.

7:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home